Local Colorado Springs Internet Advertising & Marketing (SEO)
Internet marketing isn’t about having the prettiest website. No one goes to the search line and types: Show me the prettiest website about bicycle repair, or whatever. People search about problems they have, and search for the products or services that will solve their problem.
The well known phrase “content is king” means you have to have content your prospects are looking for, if they are ever going to come to your website!
“Content is King”
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines via “natural” (“organic” or “algorithmic”) search results. Typically, the higher a site’s “page rank” (i.e, the earlier it comes in the search results list), the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO can also target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, and industry-specific vertical search engines.
Once you’ve written useful information and posted it on your website, the search engines will do a good job of categorizing your site and presenting your site to searchers–if the information is well written and published correctly to your site. That’s a huge if! You must make sure that information can be found once it’s posted.
The Three Biggest Web Page Mistakes
- Search engines can read text but not graphics. It’s dangerous to build a website that contains too many graphics. Content is king!
- Make sure that your website does not have any broken links. A website with badly maintained links will not be ranked highly by search engines.
- Do not create a flash (or similar animated) website. Search engines do not recognize flash any more than they do graphics–less in fact. Note: there are exceptions to the ‘no animation’ rule–if you’re in the fine arts fields.
Generate online leads
Find some information you can ‘give away’ on a mailing list, both email and real mail. Get a list of subscribers going.
Submit Your Site Information
Now that all this is correct, go to each search engine and find-out how they want you to submit your site information. Each site is different, and has their own rules and preferences. Avoid sites that say they’ll submit to 50 or 500 different search engines or directories.
The final–but never ending part is to build relevant links to your site. There are hundreds of way to do this:
- Get reviewed by your customers
- Write news releases & articles
- Get your vendors to link to you
- Join trade associations that link
- Join social media sites
- Have all your employees make social bookmarks to your site
You name it, this list is endless–here’s where you creativity and imagination count. You need to build links to keep ahead of the competition on the search engines, not just so that potential customer will stumble upon your site. There is no such thing as “enough” links.